Grant Application Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in applying for the RVN Education Grant. It is RVN’s way to provide direct funding to support the schools that serve our neighborhood.
- All grants shall be used for educational purposes, including but not limited to art, drama, reading, mathematics, science, and sports.
- The applicant must show compelling evidence that the grant will have an impact on a significant number of students who live within the boundaries of Roscoe Village.
- We encourage matching programs or other initiatives which encourage further giving to the school and preference will be made to organizations with matching programs if further fundraising is needed to fund the grant.
- Grants will not be awarded for general operating expenses, payment of salaries, or fundraising initiatives.
- The applicant can apply for the same project only once in a calendar year unless otherwise discussed with the RVN Education Committee.
- The RVN Board of Directors shall have final approval of all applications after receiving recommendations by the RVN Education Committee.
Incomplete grant applications will not be considered.
Grant Proposal Timelines
- There are 2 RVN Education Grant cycles: Fall and Spring
- Grant cycles align with the public school calendar. CPS Calendar
- Application Due Dates.
- Fall Application – Deadline for 2021/2022 year has passed and grants have been selected
- Spring Application Due end of Q3, April 7, 2022 – THIS GRANT CYCLE IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW APPLICANTS
- Applications accepted during the School Quarter preceding.
- RVN Education Committee Review period is 4 weeks after the end of the quarter.
Applications are evaluated by each member of the RVN Education Committee who use a common rubric to assess the project’s goals. The committee will then give a final recommendation to the RVN Board of Directors.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org